The ultimate Trader Joe’s Grocery List showing the best products to add to your shopping cart! Free Printable!
I love shopping at Trader Joe’s! Shopping is just more enjoyable at Trader Joe’s than most other stores! Why? Well, there’s more than one reason:
- Trader Joe’s is smaller, which is a refreshing change from all the “superstores” that have an overwhelming amount of products. The focus is on quality rather than quantity.
- The majority of products at Trader Joe’s are under their own label and many are unique, novelty items that can only be found at Trader Joe’s.
- The Trader Joe’s private label products promise to be non-gmo and are free of artificial flavors, artificial coloring, MSG, and partially hydrogenated oils. Read More
- Trader Joe’s offers great prices on their products, including a great selection of organic and vegan items.
- The vibe at the store is fun! The product packaging is colorful and whimsical, the walls are covered with fun art, and the staff is friendly and helpful.
- My favorite reason to shop at Trader Joe’s… they’re always introducing new products and changing products with the seasons. This helps make grocery shopping more interesting, adventurous and exciting!
With all of the great reasons to shop at Trader Joe’s, it’s important to remember that Trader Joe’s is not a “health food” store. I still have to use will power to resist some of the tempting goodies that aren’t so healthy.
To help me stay focused, I’ve created a list of over 50 “mostly healthy” products that I like to purchase again and again. I shop at Trader Joe’s about once a month and focus on items from this list while also keeping an eye out for new and seasonal products.
Bring this FREE list with you on your next trip to Trader Joe’s and have fun shopping:
*This list is subject to change, so check-in for occasional updates. This is a personal list of favorites and is not sponsored or endorsed by Trader Joe’s. Availability of products may vary from store to store.
Trader Joe’s has an excellent selection of quality breads, but I tend to stick to the Sourdough varieties. Pretzel Bagels are unique and great for making sandwiches. Trader Joe’s bakery section is very small, which is a good thing! Occasionally, I will indulge and pick up some cupcakes (chocolate peanut butter are the best), muffins, or other seasonal treats.
Nuts & Dried Fruit
You can’t go wrong with anything from this section! Sunflower seeds are great on top of salads (instead of croutons). Brazil Nuts are pricey, but at one a day, they last awhile. Dried Mango is my daughter’s favorite.
I always have popcorn kernels in the pantry so we can air-pop our own popcorn for movie night! Graham Crackers are great to have on hand for a snack and for s’mores. I’ll usually mix a bag of the popular No Salt PB Filled Pretzels with a salted bag, to cut down on sodium. Trader Joe’s is the only place I can find the “single serving” size Lenny & Larry’s cookies.
I feel better indulging in the treats from Trader Joe’s knowing they are made with quality ingredients and with no artificial colors, etc. However, sugar is still sugar, so I try to practice some restraint when browsing at the selection (usually on the shelves over the frozen foods). We’ve tried many of the treats, but below are my family’s “top” favorites!
You’ll always find these staples in my pantry! I prefer to buy these products at Trader Joe’s because of the great price and quality.
Below are the refrigerated items that I always pick up when I stop into Trader Joe’s. Depending on what I need for the week, there are many other items that I may pick up as well.
Trader Joe’s really shines in its selection of frozen convenience items, meals, vegetables, and fruits. Luckily, we have a chest freezer which allows us room to stock up on our favorites.
No guilt enjoying these low calorie mini frozen treats!
I’m a huge fan of the unique Chopped Salad Kits, but you can’t go wrong with any of the greens, veggies, and fruits at Trader Joe’s! They have a great selection of organic… priced competitively.