It’s important to have healthy snack options available at all times. Snacks come in handy mid-morning, mid-afternoon, after school and pre- or post-workout. I like to keep my snacks simple and easy to grab at home or on-the-go. Ideally, snacks should be less than 250 calories each and include some protein. Hunger can often be confused for thirst, so hydration is key to avoid over snacking.
Here’s my list of 15 Simple Snacks:
1. Bell Pepper Strips or Carrot Sticks + Hummus
2. Celery + Nut Butter
3. Sliced Apple + Nut Butter
4. Cottage Cheese + Crackers or Fruit
5. Whole Grain Waffle or Toast + Nut Butter
6. Whole Grain Cereal + Sliced Banana
7. Grapes + Cheese Stick
8. Crackers + Cheese
13. Trail Mix
15. Protein, Snack or Energy Bar
*My go-to afternoon snack is a variation of trail mix: individual size bag of popcorn, small handful of nuts and a few raisins or chocolate chips.
*Please see my Master Grocery List for snack ingredients!
*Please see the Breakfast, Lunch and Snack Rotation PRINTABLE for a handy reference to a week of snack ideas!