A delightful salad featuring antioxidant rich pomegranate arils. This simple favorite boasts lots of flavor and texture. Perfect for lunch or as a side dish.
A few easy-to-find ingredients come together to create this creamy, tangy, juicy, crunchy, healthy, quick and easy salad!
- Organic Greens: The base of this salad is full of vitamins and minerals including Vitamin A, Vitamin C and Folate. Use the whole container to make a family-size side salad, or grab a few handfuls for an individual serving.
- Fresh Pomegranate Arils: This superfood is high in fiber, Vitamin C and the polyphenol group of antioxidants. No need to mess with the process of breaking down your own pomegranate. These convenient arils from Pom Poms can be found in the produce section near the berries. A little pricey, but worth it when they are available! I always pick up a pack when they go on sale. They are great for sprinkling on yogurt or oatmeal as well. If you’re not a fan of tangy Pomegranate Seeds, you can substitute dried cranberries.
- Seedless, Easy Peel Clementines: An excellent source of Vitamin C, this sweet citrus fruit add lots of juicy flavor to this salad.
- Raw, Unsalted, Shelled Pumpkin Seeds: These crunchy seeds are an excellent source of magnesium and zinc and provide anti-inflammatory benefits.
- Crumbled Goat Cheese: This is a favorite in our house! I especially love to use goat cheese in salads with fruit. The creaminess adds a bit of indulgence to a simple salad, but with fewer calories and fat than most other cheeses. Goat cheese is also lower in lactose, easier to digest, lower in sodium and higher in calcium than cow’s milk cheese.
A super simple, classic oil and vinegar combo is a healthy way to lightly dress this salad. So easy… 2 parts oil (Olive Oil) to 1 part vinegar (Pomegranate Red Wine Vingegar). Ditch the store bought dressing. Trust me… this is all you need!
Lunch On The Go
Wouldn’t you love to open up your lunch box and find this colorful salad?! I prepared 2 servings of this salad in less than 10 minutes! One for myself to enjoy for lunch and one for my husband to take to work the next day for his lunch.
For my husbands “to-go” lunch, I added a couple slices of torn up Boars Head Low Sodium Skinless Turkey for a little protein. I paired his salad with some Multi-Seed Sweet Potato Crackers and a serving of dark chocolate (a frequent addition to our lunches!). For the dressing, I combined 1 tablespoon of olive oil with 1/2 tablespoon of vinegar to divide between the two salads. (I love to use these convenient containers – [affiliate link] for “to-go” dressing.)
Salads show up in our Lunch Rotation at least twice per week. I try to vary up the salads once in a while, and I have to say that this salad ranks as one of my favorites! I tend to make it in the fall and winter when pomegranates are in season. Pick some up when they go on sale!
This Pomegranate salad is a powerhouse full of nutrition! Give it a try for lunch one day soon, or add it as a side to your next dinner!
*You can find my favorite bento style lunch boxes (EasyLunchboxes – affiliate link) on Amazon.
- 1 (5 oz) pkg Organic Baby Greens, (split between 2 salads)
- 2 tbsp Pomegranate Arils (from 4.3 oz container), (1 tbsp per salad)
- 1 Seedless Clementine, peeled and segmented, (split between 2 salads)
- 2 tbsp Raw, Unsalted, Shelled Pumpkin Seeds, (1 tbsp per salad)
- 2 tbsp Crumbled Goat Cheese, (1 tbsp per salad)
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 tbsp Pomegranate Infused Red Wine Vinegar
- Place salad greens on serving dish. Top with Pomegranate Arils, Clementine segments, Pumpkin Seeds and Goat Cheese.
- Whisk Olive Oil and Vinegar until combined. Drizzle on salad just before serving.