A chocolate covered strawberry in smoothie form! This healthy protein-packed smoothie is so decadent, you’ll think it’s dessert!
With Valentine’s Day around the corner, I’ve got chocolate on the brain! Chocolate truffles, chocolate cake, chocolate fondue… or just give me a quality piece of plain, extra-dark chocolate and I’m happy! Although, dipping strawberries into melted chocolate and letting it harden has to be one of the best ways to enjoy chocolate… do you agree?! A classic gift for Valentine’s Day, but so easy to just make at home yourself too!
What if you could enjoy a chocolate covered strawberry as a healthy, protein packed smoothie? Well, you can and it’s super easy! Just a few simple ingredients, a whirl in the blender, and voila… a yummy, chocolatey smoothie you’ll want to make all year long!
All you need is 4 simple ingredients plus a few optional items… if you want to take your smoothie to the next level!
- Dark Chocolate Almond Milk: Use any milk of choice, however, Dark Chocolate Almond Milk is the perfect base for this decadent smoothie. If you’re watching your sugar intake, you may want to use unsweetened plain Almond Milk since the chocolate Almond Milk does have added sugar (17g / 1 cup). Add 1 tbs of cacao powder to bring back the chocolate flavor.
- Plain Icelandic or Greek Yogurt: Icelandic and Greek Yogurt are both great sources of protein and will add creaminess to the smoothie. Pick up a large container if you plan on making several smoothies.
- Chocolate Protein Powder: Choose your favorite protein powder, but be sure to read the label for quality ingredients. If possible, pick up a sample to try before committing to purchasing a large container. I prefer to stick with plant-based protein sources and Vega (affiliate link) is one of my favorite brands.
- Organic Frozen Strawberries: Using frozen fruit will make your smoothie frosty without having to add additional ice. If possible buy a bulk bag of frozen fruit for a better value.
- Cacoa Nibs: Cacoa Nibs are a fun, affordable superfood to have in your pantry to add to smoothies, or any place else where you might use chocolate chips. Cacoa Nibs (affiliate link) provide a healthy boost of fiber and antioxidants.
- Fresh Strawberries: Cut a small slit down the middle of a beautiful strawberry and place on the rim of your glass for presentation (and to eat, of course!).
- Whipped Cream in a Can: Yes I did!! Add a little to the top for presentation and taste!
Blend and Enjoy!
Add 1 cup of Dark Chocolate Almond Milk, 1/3 cup of yogurt, 1 serving of chocolate protein powder, and 3/4 cup of frozen strawberries to a blender. Mix. Pour into a glass, garnish, and enjoy for a snack or even a meal replacement.
I sipped on my smoothie after a morning workout and was satisfied for several hours! Later in the afternoon I snacked on a handful of nuts and then ate dinner. Adding a quality protein powder was key. If you omit the protein powder, this smoothie would still be a perfect snack or even dessert!
When I make a smoothie, I like to stick with it until I use up all of the ingredients (milk, yogurt, fruit) and then I’ll move on to another one! This Chocolate Strawberry Smoothie is soooo good, it may stay in my line-up for a while! It’s the perfect chocolate-craving-fix!
Products I used for my Strawberry Chocolate Smoothie:
If you click on an Amazon Affiliate link below and make a purchase, I will receive a few pennies! Thanks!
Learn More about my association with my favorite place to shop… Amazon!
STRAWBERRY CHOCOLATE SMOOTHIE
- 1 cup dark chocolate almond milk, or milk of choice
- 1/3 cup plain Icelandic or Greek yogurt
- 1 serving chocolate protein powder
- 3/4 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 tbs cacao nibs, (optional)
- 1-2 fresh strawberries, for garnish, (optional)
- can whipped cream, for garnish, (optional)
- In a blender, add milk, yogurt, protein powder, frozen strawberries and cacao nibs. Mix until thoroughly blended. Pour into a tall glass and enjoy!
- Optional: Garnish your smoothie with a fresh strawberry, whipped cream and a sprinkle of cacao nibs.