An easy, light dessert ready in less than 8 minutes! Warm apples, vanilla frozen yogurt and crumbled crispy cookies combine for a treat that will satisfy!
Apple Crisp… a classic dessert usually enjoyed in the fall! A crisp is a really nice way to enjoy fresh apples without all the added calories and fat you get from the double crust in a traditional Apple Pie. Typically, a Crisp topping consists of oats, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and cold butter. When baked, the apples come out tender and warm with a lightly toasted crumble topping. Yum!
However, there is a little bit of work and time involved… you have to slice the apples, prepare the topping, wait for it to bake… yeah, okay, I’ll do that maybe once a year. If you want to satisfy your apple crisp craving without all the fuss and enjoy a light treat in less than 8 minutes, any day of the week, anytime of year… keep reading! You’re going to love this awesome little dessert!
Just 3 simple ingredients:
- Vanilla Frozen Yogurt (or Ice Cream)
- Stouffer’s Harvest Apples (found in the frozen meals aisle)
- Any Crisp, Thin Cookie to crumble on top (these Pumpkin cookies were perfect, but any variety will work; maybe a gingersnap or sugar cookie. Just be sure to look for a cookie with “real” ingredients that’s low on sugar.) You could also use Granola.
Super Easy Prep
Start with a really small serving bowl (8-10 ounces). Tip: This is the key to keeping your desserts at a more waist-friendly portion size! It tricks your mind into thinking you’re getting more than you are. If you use a large bowl, you’re just going to want to fill it with more food… so keep your dessert bowls small!! I like to use these simple Corelle 10 ounce dessert bowls (affiliate link). They’re great for serving yogurt, fruit and other snacks too!
To prepare your treat:
- Heat up the apples in the microwave (takes about 5 minutes)
- Stir the apples and allow them to cool for a minute or two (so you don’t end up with vanilla frozen yogurt soup!)
- Place one scoop of frozen yogurt and one scoop of apples into a small bowl
- Crumble a cookie over the top
If you’d like, you can even sprinkle a few pumpkin seeds or walnuts on top for extra crunch and nutrition! Serve immediately while the apples are warm and the frozen yogurt is just starting to melt.
If you love Apple Pie or Apple Crisp a la mode, then you are going to really love this quick treat! All the flavors and textures are there…the warm cinnamon apples, the creamy vanilla frozen yogurt and the crunch from the cookie. It’s quick, easy and healthier than the alternative… give it a try and enjoy!
WARM APPLE CRISP SUNDAE
- 1 container Vanilla Frozen Yogurt or Ice Cream
- 1 package Stouffer's Classics Harvest Apples, (found in the frozen meals aisle)
- 1 package thin and crispy Cookies, (or granola)
- Heat Stouffer's Harvest Apples according to package directions (5 minutes in the Microwave). Stir apples and allow to cool 1 to 2 minutes.
- In a small dessert bowl, place one scoop of Vanilla Frozen Yogurt and one scoop of Baked Apples.
- Crumble one cookie on top of ice-cream and apples. Serve immediately.